Monday, August 30, 2010

Moving on is simple. It's what we leave behind that's hard

this is really happening. college is starting. people are leaving. it's actually hitting me when i see pictures of friends' dorm rooms and their roommates. it makes me sad to see those closest to me leave, but i am hoping they will find their way back home. we all say that it's not goodbye, it's see you later. but how much of that is true? a semester goes by, we meet different people and experience new things. do we lose touch with the old friends we leave behind? i like to say that nothing will change and everything will be the same. but i've experience enough to know that isn't true. in the past 17 years of my life, i've met some of the greatest friends i've ever known and also lost some of the best people in life. to see that i've lost touch with the closest people to me at one point in my life, whom i've shared all my secrets with scares me. it makes me think that nothing is ever safe. but then i also met people who were complete opposites of me and who i never thought could be someone i could trust. it's really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends, but it's really sad when the best of friends become two strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment